Resin Bonded Abrasive Wheels - How a Grinding Wheel is Made: Grains
The four main types of abrasive grains used in resin Bonded wheels are
- Tough, blocky, wedges shaped grain.
- Performs well on carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum.
- Extremely hard and sharp, but fractures more easily than aluminum oxide.
- Performs well on Cast Iron, Nonferrous Metals (Aluminum) and Non-Metalic materials including Concrete, brick, marble and glass.
- Very tough, sharp, and dense.
- Lends itself to higher temperatures and heavier pressures present in high-stock removal applications.
- Sharp microsrystalline grain-cuts aggressively under light to moderate pressure.
- Its quick cutting capability makes it suitable for grinding stainless steel, titanium and high-nickel alloys.